We are now officially into spring and with GDC starting next week the news front has been buzzing with announcements. Let's look at the highlights for the past seven days:
- Blacklight: We get some of the first info on Zombie's upcoming shooter and even more info via a chat with Zombie CEO Mark Long.
- Marvel MMO: We get a heads-up on plans for the latest attempt to turn the Marvel super hero universe into a massively multiplayer game.
- Unreal Atlas: We find out about how Epic Games China plans to make Unreal Engine 3 easier for MMO developers to use.
- Tom Clancy's EndWar review: We give our final verdict on the PC port of Ubisoft's console RTS game.
- Mac Monday: Our regular weekly column on Mac games takes a look at CrossOver Games which lets PC games play on the Mac.
- Indie Showcase: Our weekly look at indie games takes a look at few of the better tower defense based games.
- Big Ideas: Our weekly look at game themes questions whether games can truly be educational.
- Big Iron: Our weekly hardware column looks at hardware failures.
- Freeware Friday: Our weekly look at free games takes a gander at the puzzle title Boom Boom Driller.
- Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures demo: Check out this free sample from the first episode in the latest Telltale Games series.
- Call of Duty: World at War DLC launch trailer: Check out this footage of the new levels for the WWII shooter that will be coming soon to the PC.
- Alpha Protocol gameplay trailer: We have footage from the upcoming super-spy action-RPG from Obsidian and Sega
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Documentary video: Get some behind-the-scenes glimpses into the making of BioWare's upcoming MMO title.
- Everquest 10th anniversary video: Celebrate a decade of Sony Online's MMO title with this new video
- Valve to add in-game DLC content to Steamworks
- Massive Entertainment's founder departs
- Starsiege: Tribes to relaunch via InstantAction.com
- 1C Company games to be released DRM free in the US
- Impulse to give gaming PC to 1 millionth customer
- XomB announced
- THQ to sell or close Big Huge Games
- Former Diablo developer questions Diablo III's art direction
- (Unofficial) Fallout MMO director leaves Interplay for inXile
- Alpha build of Merchants of Brooklyn accidentally released as final game
- Revamped Battle.net web site goes live
- Stand alone version of UT 2004 mod Killing Floor announced
- 3D Realms releases old Apogee games for free