It was a slow week on both the news and features fronts for the indie scene. No in-depths, no interviews, and no MODvelous Monday graced us this week, and the TIGSource Procedural Generation Competition has wrapped up. Here's looking at next week for more interesting indie news and features!
Freeware Friday: Battleships Forever
James Murff takes a look at yet another freeware game. This time, it's the IGF finalist Battleships Forever!
- cactus brings us KrebsWelte, the next Mondo game
Another cactus game, this one being a block-destroying extravaganza
- Why be trapped in a castle? Because It's Fun, Fay!
Why randomly recreate a castle each time you start the gam? Because it's fun!
- Take on Shinra as AVALANCHE
An excellent freeware beat-'em-up based on FF7 makes the scene
- Would you live forever with Immortality?
A freeware game from Escapist Magazine asks us if we can handle immortality
- Back with a Solar Vengeance!
An old classic returns with an RTS makeover
- cactus brings us BlockOn!
cactus releases yet another quick game. This time, it was made in 3 hours.
- New version of Sauerbraten released
The new version of this excellent freeware shooter has been released
- Platform around by... farting? Welcome to Puzzle Farter
Toilet humor at its finest, Puzzle Farter has you use your extreme farts as a jetpack
- Take a new look at Sokoban with Visit
Visit is a free new look at the Sokoban puzzle genre